In this episode, Matthew Stafford joins me to talk about SEO, and we dig deep to uncover how it works beyond traffic.
Matthew Stafford is the CEO and Owner of Build Grow Scale and the mad scientist behind the data and development of BGS’s Revenue Optimization TM system.
He has a keen eye for impediments in the customer journey, is excellent at interpreting data to find diamonds in the rough, and can see things from a business owner’s perspective, having run his own companies for the past 27 years.
Although he won’t tell you himself, he is known as the top Shopify optimization expert in the game, with nearly a billion dollars worth of data over the last ten years alone.
He spends a ton of time turning people away. But we are excited to have him here to share the wins and, more importantly, some of the losses from all this data.
Matthew gives listeners actionable tips on:
- [0:00] Intro
- [2:05] The most important metrics to pay attention to
- [4:20] How to streamline your website for better conversions without expending extra energy
- [9:30] Tips to optimize your call to action buttons
- [12:20] What to track and pay attention to in terms of analytics
- [16:40] Prioritizing optimization
- [18:40] How local search plays into higher conversion rates
- [26:50] SEO know, like and trust factors
- [28:30] Creating your authentic voice and personality with AI
- [30:55] Matthew’s book recommendation
- [33:35] One big takeaway from this episode
- [35:20] Optimizing your website for mobile
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Matthew here:
Connect with me