In this episode, Jesse Stein joins me to discuss the latest content marketing hacks, and the best practices when it comes to gaining market share in the digital space.
Jesse has founded, operated and sold multiple online ventures. Jesse started SportsMemorabilia.com, growing it from a raw domain into the world’s biggest autograph store and a Top 500 Internet Retailer.
Jesse is also Founder & CEO of DietSpotlight.com, a nutrition website with more than 130 million visitors and an Inc 5000 fastest-growing company in 2018. Jesse also purchased, developed and sold category-defining domain names, including Hobbies.com, Boating.com, Yachting.com and Biking.com.
Before that, Jesse was Co-Founder and CEO of Soho Digital, a $32M digital agency with 200+ clients. He sold Soho Digital to a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners.
Jesse is an angel investor in Integral Ad Science, TMRW, Dstillery, Data.world, SKTCHY, Blanket and WhereBy.Us. Jesse holds an MBA from The Wharton School, an MA in International Studies from the University of Pennsylvania’s Lauder Institute and a BA, with Honors, in Sociology and Asian Studies from UC Santa Barbara and Sophia University in Tokyo.
Jesse gives listeners actionable tips on:
- [2:55] How to create a system for content marketing and why it matters
- [4:15] Leveraging AI to help you with content marketing
- [9:30] Keeping your ego out of your content
- [16:50] Not creating duplicate content
- [19:05] How to talk about your wins without being overpowering
- [23:05] Creating content that is authentic and relatable
- [27:55] Meeting your audience where they are
- [35:35] Learning from your mistakes and trying again
- [40:00] Jesse’s book review
- [42:00] One key takeaway to implement right away
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Jesse here:
Connect with me