How is speaking a marketing strategy?
How can you leverage speaking to grow your presence, your reputation, your firm, and bring on new clients?
As founder and CEO of The Speaker Lab, Grant Baldwin has helped thousands of people build successful and sustainable speaking businesses. Over the last 15 years, Grant has become a sought-after speaker, podcaster, author, and accomplished entrepreneur.
Featured on the Inc. 5000 list, Forbes, Inc. Entrepreneur, and The Huffington Post, he has committed his expertise and insight to equip others to share their meaningful message with the masses. His leadership and dedication to creating a one-of-a-kind organizational culture are evidenced by the impact of the team he leads. Grant lives near Nashville, Tennessee with his wife, Sheila, and their three daughters. For more, visit thespeakerlab.com.
Grant gives listeners actionable tips on:
- [1:50] Two questions to ask yourself before you start booking speaking engagements
- [7:15] Speaking to potential clients vs. referral sources
- [9:10] What ‘promise’ are you delivering?
- [9:55] Establishing yourself as the expert
- [16:20] Knowing when to scale
- [17:40] How to know where speaking fits in your marketing strategy
- [23:10] Keeping people engaged in what you’re doing
- [28:50] Tweaking your message as you go
- [37:40] Grant’s book recommendation
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Grant here:
Connect with me