What makes for the most successful website copy?
Is the text on your website actually that important? What makes your website copy stand out vs. your competitors?
Joining me for this conversation about writing successful website copy is Erin Ollila.
Conversion copywriter. Copy Coach.Wing Woman. Word slinger. No matter what you call her, Erin Ollila believes in the power of words and how a message can inform—and even transform—its intended audience. When she’s not working with big brands and small businesses to marry strategy, storytelling, and SEO, you can find her hosting the Talk Copy to Me podcast or exploring southeastern MA with her family and friends.
Erin graduated from Fairfield University with an M.F.A. in Creative Writing and then co-founded Spry Literary Journal, which celebrates undiscovered and established writers’ concise, experimental, hybrid, modern, vintage or just-plain-vulnerable writing.
Erin gives listeners actionable tips on:
- [0:50] Why websites are the most important marketing asset to keep updated
- [2:20] Why good website copy is necessary
- [5:50] Creating a cohesive marketing strategy
- [11:00] SEO and keyword stuffing your website copy
- [22:00] What lowers your ranking on Google
- [24:55] Why SEO is so important
- [34:20] Erin’s book review
- [39:10] This episode’s biggest takeaway
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Erin here:
Connect with me