The first prosecution of a pirate in the U.S. in 100 years! The world watched closely as Richard Phillips, Captain of the Maersk Alabama cargo ship was rescued, after being held hostage by four Somali pirates. Law.com bloggers and co-hosts, J. Craig Williams and Bob Ambrogi welcome piracy law expert, Professor Samuel P. Menefee, Maury Fellow at University of Virgina’s Center for Ocean Law and Policy and Attorney Joseph R. McFaul from Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold LLP and a retired Commander in the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve, to explore the legal issues on the high seas surrounding the Somali pirates, the future of the captured pirate and how this case could be a deterrent in other incidents of piracy.
Click the logo below to learn about our featured sponsor.
You can reach thousands more readers every month.
Being a featured blawger instantly associates you with the top legal professionals around the world.
- Digital Edge | Legal Talk Network
- Catch Me on Legal Talk Network | The Droid Lawyer™
- Android Devices for Lawyers
- Decision Tree Tools For Litigators - Legal Talk Network - Law News ...
- Competitive Branding And Website Development For Lawyers ...
- Cyber Threats to Law Firms and Businesses: How Do We Defend ...
Our Current Sponsors