Will the U.S. Supreme Court dismiss a class action suit brought by smokers in Maine, who say they were misled into believing that “low tar” and “light” cigarettes are a healthier alternative to regular cigarettes? Arguments heard before the high court this week, pit tobacco giant, Phillip Morris against smokers. Law.com blogger and co-host, Bob Ambrogi welcomes Dr. Jeffrey Wigand, a nationally known whistleblower involving tobacco company, Brown & Williamson. Wigand’s courageous story ultimately led to a landmark case against big tobacco, changes in cigarette advertising and was the basis for the movie, The Insider. He is now founder of SMOKE-FREE KIDS, Inc. Tony Mauro, Supreme Court correspondent for Legal Times and Law.com, also joins us to discuss this important case with insights from inside the courtroom.
Click the logo below to learn about our featured sponsor.
You can reach thousands more readers every month.
Being a featured blawger instantly associates you with the top legal professionals around the world.
- Digital Edge | Legal Talk Network
- Catch Me on Legal Talk Network | The Droid Lawyer™
- Android Devices for Lawyers
- Decision Tree Tools For Litigators - Legal Talk Network - Law News ...
- Competitive Branding And Website Development For Lawyers ...
- Cyber Threats to Law Firms and Businesses: How Do We Defend ...
Our Current Sponsors