It takes a special kind of lawyer to be a public defender today. Case overload is just one issue causing seven Public Defender’s offices across the country to refuse to take on new cases or sue to limit their workload. Law.com bloggers J. Craig Williams and Bob Ambrogi welcome Bennett H. Brummer, Public Defender in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida in Miami-Dade County and David Carroll, Director of Research for the National Legal Aid & Defender Association (NLADA) to take a look at the state of the public defender system. They will discuss the common issues that public defenders are struggling with, the effect on defendants and what is being done to faciliate the process and put the quality back into public representation.
Click the logo below to learn about our featured sponsor.
You can reach thousands more readers every month.
Being a featured blawger instantly associates you with the top legal professionals around the world.
- Digital Edge | Legal Talk Network
- Catch Me on Legal Talk Network | The Droid Lawyer™
- Android Devices for Lawyers
- Decision Tree Tools For Litigators - Legal Talk Network - Law News ...
- Competitive Branding And Website Development For Lawyers ...
- Cyber Threats to Law Firms and Businesses: How Do We Defend ...
Our Current Sponsors