On this edition of Law Technology Now, host Monica Bay chats with Editor-in-chief of Corporate Counsel Magazine, Anthony Paonita on naming Microsoft as its 2010 Law Department of the Year. Monica and Anthony discuss how General Counsel Brad Smith and his team reshaped the technology giant’s entire reputation, from a pugnacious fighter to a company that is willing to listen and negotiate.
This very special package of podcasts was recorded live at LegalTech New York 09. It features seven speakers who participated in a feisty panel, “What I Hate About Technology – and what I expect our outside counsel, opposing counsel, vendors & staff to do about it!” The provocative panel featured key members of general counsel departments, discussing friction points, with the goal of building bridges of understanding to help all of us deliver “better, faster, cheaper” legal services.
- Alexander Arato, vice president, associate general counsel, CA MP3
- Theodore Banks, principal, Compliance & Competition Consultants, LLC, formerly chief counsel and senior director, compliance policy, Kraft Foods Global Inc. MP3
- David Cambria, director of operations, law department, Aon Corp. MP3
- Janine Dascenzo, associate general counsel, GE MP3
Dawson Horn III, senior litigation counsel , Tyco International (U.S.) Inc. MP3
- Michael Kraft, general counsel , Kraft Kennedy Inc. MP3
- Kimberly Townsan, senior manager, legal adminimistraiton, United Technologies Corp. MP3
Moderators: Anthony Paonita, editor-in-chief, Corporate Counsel, and Monica Bay, editor-in-chief, Law Technology News