Lawgical’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our users. This policy statement tells you how we collect information from you and how we use it. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in special cases (i) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally), our rights or property, our users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, (ii) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, (iii) to fulfill your requests for service, (iv) to respond to legal process or comply with law, and (iv) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Lawgical or any of its affiliates.
TYPES OF DATA & COLLECTION METHODS
We may collect certain information when you visit our Site(s) or register to use our products or services, as well as information that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Use of our Products or Services: We request personal information for online shopping or transactions, or for services that require registration or subscription. When you contact us with a service or billing-related inquiry, we may collect personal information in connection with the inquiry. When you contact us with a Site, service or, if applicable, billing-related inquiry, we may collect personal information in connection with the inquiry, such as your address, birth date and your credit card information. In each such instance, you will know what data we collect because you actively submit it through the applicable form.
- Sweepstakes, Contests & Surveys: From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests or. other promotions promoted on our Site(s) or through mail, email, short message service (sms) or multi-media service (mms) text messaging or in person or other campaigns, which might be sponsored or conducted by Lawgical or by a third party. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these promotions is completely voluntary and you will have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information. Except as explained otherwise in the official rules for a particular contest, giveaway, or promotion, such as in a paragraph entitled “Privacy Notice” or similar, any personal information you provide will be used in accordance with this provision. Some contests or promotions may be offered jointly with another company which may have different a privacy statement; these will be indicated and you should review that third party’s privacy statement. In addition, from time to time you may be able to participate in our surveys to help us improve our Site(s), which may involve your voluntary submission of personal information.
- Forums and Chat Rooms. Our Site(s) may also offer interactive services, such as chat rooms, forums and message boards. Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personally identifiable information in these areas.
- Compliance. We also need to collect this information for tracking/verifying compliance with our policies as well as federal, state and local laws and/or for editorial and feedback solicitation purposes.
- Forms, Help Requests, and Registrations. When you request information (for example, through mail forms, by interacting with our Customer Care department or on our Site(s)) we usually collect data such as your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and certain information related to your inquiry.
In case you change your mind or some personal information may change (such as your zip code), we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you give us. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
Information provided at the time of registration or submission from a guest who is 13 years of age or over may be used for (i) marketing and promotional purposes by Lawgical, our affiliates or companies that have been prescreened by us, (ii) to provide, maintain, and improve our Site(s), services, products and program offerings (such as podcasts), (iii) providing customized recommendations and content, (iv) protecting our rights and the rights of our users, (v) responding to requests that you may send us such as your request for information, or your request to subscribe to a service we offer, (vi) administering, protecting and improving our Site(s), our services, our products and program offerings and our systems, (vii) developing new sites, products, program offerings and services, and other internal business purposes, (viii) performing market research; (ix) informing you about our Site(s), products and services as well as third-party sites, products and services in which we think you may be interested; and (x) any other use we describe at the point where we collect the data.
To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to opt-out of the following services: sharing your information in our member directory, receiving communications from us about promotional or new materials, features or services, and receiving communications about offers from third-party companies that offer a product or service that we think would be of value to you. If a guest objects to such use for any reason, he/she may stop that use — by e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information provided when purchasing products or services from us or our advertisers & affiliates may be used for marketing and promotional purposes and is subject to the opt-out processes described above.
Where We Store and Process Data
We keep the data we collect in the United States of America and we may have contractors and employees around the world in various locations, including, without limitation, Asia and the European Economic Area.
POLICIES FOR KIDS (INDIVIDUALS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE)
No information should be submitted to or posted our Site(s) by guests under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we do not provide any personally identifying information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from our guests under 13 years of age. No information collected from guests under 13 years of age is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside our Site(s) except as explicitly stated during registration for contests or promotions (and in that case, the information collected is used only for the specific contest or promotion). We do not allow guests under 13 years of age to be listed in our member directory or to receive direct marketing communications from our Site(s) or to be sent from our third-party offers.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
When you visit our Site(s), we record the anonymous information your browser automatically sends to view any web site including, without limitation, the IP address of your computer and/or Internet service provider, the date and time you access our web sites, the Internet address of web sites from which you link to our site, the computer technology you are using (for example, the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using), and your movements and preferences on our Site(s).
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. When guests request pages from us, our servers log the guests’ IP addresses. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our house rules or terms of service or to protect our service, site, customers or others.
Some services within our Site(s), such as certain message boards, may display IP addresses along with the message poster’s name and message. Please review each service prior to use and only use those that disclose information you are comfortable with sharing.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Our Sites may contain links to other web sites that we do not own or operate. Such links may include, but are not limited to, advertising, sponsorships, promotions, recommendations, or links to other third party content. We are not responsible for the content, activities, or privacy practices of those web sites, including the use of personally identifiable information about you collected by those web sites and our provision of links to such other web sites is not an endorsement by us of the those web sites or any products or services they may offer. Those web sites and the data that they collect and that you provide them are governed by the privacy policies of such web sites and not this privacy statement.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our guests is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Site(s), online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. When credit card information is transmitted we use industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
To the extent that you are provided with an account, your Lawgical account will be password protected so that only you can access it and view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if your computer is accessible to others or if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS